Custom Coatings And Pot Metal Restorations - Merchant has my merchandise and money

In February 2017, I Took bumpers, bumper guards, and hood ornament to have re-chromed for my 1937 Buick. I gave him a deposit of $950 and was going to pay balance upon completion of job.

I do have a receipt. He isn't returning calls or text messages. At this point I will be consulting an attorney.

Since these parts cannot be replaced i am asking compensation of $2000. I have other friends that are in the same situation.

Review about: Chrome Work.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Custom Coatings And Pot Metal Restorations - Sent in radio parts for chrome Paid 157.00 back in February 2017. No one will answer phone calls or emails and I still do not have my parts back. They are a fraud and rip off!

They are a fraud and rip off! Do not do business with these people unless you want to lose your parts and money as well. Will be contacting our lawyer as well as the local authorities there at their location. Have repeatedly called with no answer.

Have repeatedly emailed and can't get a response. Am out money as well as they kept my parts.

Charges will be filed against them. It's only a matter of time before they are closed down.

Custom Coatings And Pot Metal Restorations - Simple Review #1453484128

Boca Raton, Florida 0 comments
Turnaround Time

Poor comunication dont return calls

Custom Coatings And Pot Metal Restorations - Paid for chroming of plastic Torino grille and headlight doors

Ottumwa, Iowa 0 comments
2.0

Few years before,they did a good job and in timely manner on a plastic grille. This time I sent them another grille(August 2015) and headlight doors.

They (he) called gave an estimate and I sent the funds(Sept 2015). He called acknowledging receiving the money and a month(Oct 19th) later said they were just about done. That was over 2 months ago. Several phone calls unanswered or returned, just recording.

The parts are worth the money paid to have them rechromed so It is a double whammy so far. I am still calling trying to get my stuff back or talk to someone there.

If I have to drive down there 16 hrs one way, my law suit will include gas both ways, parts and payment,court costs and all connected fees. I would settle for getting my stuff back.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any) as the author lost $1500. This person is overall dissatisfied with Custom Coatings And Pot Metal Restorations. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Custom Coatings And Pot Metal Restorations.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Service Centers and Repairs category for more informed decision or compare Custom Coatings And Pot Metal Restorations to other companies on our site.

Custom Coatings And Pot Metal Restorations - Kept my parts AND my money

I sent these guys the pot metal from a classic jukebox to be re-chromed. The price was reasonable and they did get the job done on schedule.

But the workmanship was sub-par and I requested via email if they would re-finish three of the parts. They said 'sure', so I sent them back but heard nothing from them until I sent an angry email.

Then they did replay saying they are working on it and would have it done in a week. That was the last I heard from them, they never answered my calls, never returned the parts, and I had to search for replacements.

Review about: Jukebox.

Custom Coatings And Pot Metal Restorations - No progress on chroming my grill for 6 months.

Tallahassee, Florida 1 comment

Kept telling me it would be a couple of weeks for

4 months; now does not answer or return calls. The man

I originally dealt with is "Charles"...hoping for the best

but now planning legal action. If they would just communicate with me, I would continue to work with them. Avoidance is no way to do business. I will pay a personal

visit, then it off to small claims court for resolution. If

Charles happens to read this, perhaps he will call me?

Ready to hear from him. Now I am wondering how many others have been left hanging by these folks.

Review about: Custom Coatings.

Comments

Tallahassee, Florida, United States #1180399

Seems there are a few people that have left a bad comment about these people & they keep changing the company's name ( just to let you know it's called chrome plating, pot metal & custom cars ) guess this person is ripping a lot of people off when sued they change names

Custom Coatings And Pot Metal Restorations - Took our money no product returned

Athens, Georgia 0 comments

Update by user Sep 27, 2013

The company never called us back then without any notification the part arrived about two weeks ago. Thankfully the part is back and they did do the repairs although it was done horribly.

They were to repair corrosion damage and chrome plate the piece. The repair was okay and the plating very nice unfortunately they plated everything totally removing the grain of the metal that originally was visible.

After spending 10 hours of hard labor all of the mess was cleaned off and the piece looks correct. Never again, they will not return a phone call unless they are seeking funds!!!

Original review posted by user Aug 27, 2013

Sent deposit funds for pot metal repair as per there request. Were told it would take 6-8 weeks for the repair, after 9 weeks they requested funds for the completed repairs and were told that it would be shipped immediately.

No pieces arrived after waiting one week began calling repeatedly no answer or returned calls. Had friend with different phone number call and they did answer imagine that. He said he wanted pot metal restored and was told to send it in and he would get an estimate.

I got on the phone and told them who we were and they said that our pieces were being shipped and gave us a bogus tracking number. I have contacted the Attorney General in the matter they have our money and a very expensive part.

Review about: Auto Repair.

Custom Coatings And Pot Metal Restorations - BUYER BEWARE

After viewing the website for Custom Coatings and pot metal restorations we were excited about the process of removing pits from older pot metal. After speaking to Charles on the phone several times we were eager to send him our parts.

Our parts consisted of all the chrome off of a 1971 Mercedes Benz C280, 47 pieces. The first complaint is the time, the shop was very late in returning our chrome, 5000 USD and several weeks later we received our products, the chrome had more pits in it then it had when it left here, the product not up to par by any means. After asking them if they could make it right, they simply said no .

We are a state of the art collision center in Atlanta and we put out the best product we can, if a client is unhappy we make it right, simply put. We will never recommend this facility to anyone and we will never use them again, we recommend you try someone else if you are looking for quality re-plating.

Review about: Bad Repair Shop.

Custom Coatings and Pot Metal Restorations

Tampa, Florida 0 comments

These guys in Tallahassee, FL are not good. I paid to have my plastic grille chromed but all they did was nickel plate it.

Ripped me off. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! Also, they told me it would be ready in 2 weeks but after numerous phone calls and messages, I got it 4 weeks later.

I have noting more to say except these guys are not honest Americans. Blah,blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Review about: Chromed Plastic Grille.